I just came across this remix of Lana Del Ray’s “Summertime Sadness” and it made me so desperate for summer! This week the forecast is calling for “feels like -20″ pretty much every day, so summer seems like a distant dream. Luckily I have the memories of our Costa Rican adventure to tide me over for a bit. Before A and I left on our trip we went on a hunt for vacation clothes, but none of the stores had brought in their spring/summer lines yet. I went shopping in Michigan over the weekend and it seems like some of the warm-weather items are starting to trickle in. I love summer clothes so I immediately began checking out the new items online and dreaming of warm summer nights. Dresses are probably my favourite summer clothing item; they’re always so fun to wear and easy to pull off. I found dresses for those of you on a budget (like me), and those willing to invest a bit more in their wardrobe. My picks are detailed below, let me know what you think! Have you found any summer must-haves yet?
My Summer Dress Picks
- TOP ROW LEFT TO RIGHT
- Surplice Red Bandana Dress / Forever 21 $29.80 – Cute, simple and girly, this dress would be fantastic for twirling!
- Blue Eyelet A-line Dress / Forever 21 $29.80 – LOVE the colour of this dress, it’s so fresh and dainty.
- Hot Pink Ruffle Chiffon Dress / American Eagle $39.65 – Tried this dress on in-store and it is definitely hot pink, not the coral colour in the picture. It’s a bit pricey for how simple it is, but it would be the perfect dress for a stroll on the beach so I might wait until it goes on sale.
- MIDDLE ROW LEFT TO RIGHT
- Green Pleated Chiffon Dress / American Eagle $39.65 – Cute dress for daytime adventures, I think it would really pop with a great tan.
- Printed Floral Dress / Gap $69.95 – Simple patterned dress that cold work for most summer events. I’ve never been a big fan of Gap so I’d definitely go in store to check this one out before purchasing.
- Keegan Dress / Abercrombie $84 – I love classic white summer dresses, and this definitely does the trick.
- BOTTOM ROW LEFT TO RIGHT
- Bennet Dress / Aritzia $115 – This dress is the definition of casual sexy and a killer pair of heels would top it off nicely.
- Ombre Box Dress / Anthropologie $168 – The odd colour combo and quirkiness of this dress really work for me.
- Tropical Pleated Maxi Dress / Anthropologie $228 – I still haven’t found a maxi dress that I’ve liked enough to buy, but if this one was cheaper I would definitely consider it. I love the pattern and the pleats give it more structure than most maxis.
All images via sourced links listed above.